To be safe you should plan on winterizing your cabin if you are going to be away more than a week during the months of November thru April.
Stonebridge Resident Winterizing Procedure
- Turn off the water to the cabin.
- Open the drain from the cabin and turn off your ice maker water supply.
- Flush the toilets and hold the handle down until all but 2 to 3 inches of water has drained from the tank.
- Open all faucets (hot and cold).
- Drain approximately 2 gallons of water out of the hot water heater. (Be careful, this can be hot!)
- Pour antifreeze (RV antifreeze only) into the toilets, toilet tanks, sinks, tubs, and showers. Also put two cups each into the dishwasher and the clothes washer. Further protect these two appliances by running a cycle after this. For more information, contact the product manufacturer.
- Leave the heat on at a low setting (50 degrees).
- Insulate any pipes that are located on an outside wall.
Note: Disconnect all hoses from outside faucets before the first hard freeze. Do not reconnect before weather returns to constantly above freezing temperatures.
When You Return
- Turn off water drain
- Open water valve.
- Turn off all open faucets and turn on your ice maker water supply.
DISCLAIMER: The Stonebridge Property Owner Association is not responsible for the advice above, or service and cost of services, by any company, or person, listed below. Your specific home and appliances may require other preparation. Any vendors listed have satisfactorily done work for residents; however, being listed is not an endorsement by the Stonebridge Property Owners Association. Please notify the POA in writing at our PO address if you feel that anyone on this list has not performed in a professional or fair manner.